Wednesday, October 24, 2012

finding comfort...


Last night, Jackson came to me with a stomach ache.  We talked about his symptoms and after we both came to the conclusion that he was going to be fine and the best thing for him would be to go back to sleep and let his body rest,  he just didn't feel right and he wanted me to be close to him while he slept.  I went and got his pillow and his blanket and set up a "bed" right next to mine.  He loved the idea and fell asleep quickly.  I remembered doing the very same thing with my own mom when I was little.  I laid there, for quite a while afterwards,  feeling grateful that I have been given these little people to take of and that I am able to give comfort to, there is no greater compliment than that.  I sure love being their momma!

1 comment:

Becca Sue said...

I remember doing this with mom and dad when I was little!:)